Sunday, February 26, 2012

2/26/2012 Update


Semi-recent picture -- I forgot I had this on my SD card. This is a fairly accurate picture of what I look like now (kewl happy trail). 

There are some things that I have recently changed in regards to my diet and how I lift weights:
  • I am starting to really cut down on calories during my work week. I only eat egg whites + protein shake for breakfast (alot of them), take my multi-vitamin/fish oils, lunch is ~8oz of chicken + spinach (no sauce), lift, then protein shake, then whatever for dinner -- usually more chicken/fish and spinach. Essentially a diet very high in protein, low in fat/carbs. I will get my fats from usually almonds. Carbs usually (hopefully) from vegetables.
  • Lifting, I've started to now not concentrate so much on how much weight I'm lifting.. but actually dialing down the weight and concentrating on achieving full range of motion with my lifts -- essentially going back to the basics of form > weight. I have also been focusing on contracting the muscle I am working out very hard at the end of every rep -- I really want to obliterate the muscle tissue and make sure I get a good pump. 
I've noticed forward progress with these two changes and will continue to try new things and see where they take me. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment